30 September 2007

I'm Here!

I did it! I made it to Oxford with 100 lbs. of luggage all by myself, although at times I was reminded of the moment in The Prisoner of Azkaban when Harry and Ron miss the train, pushing their carts blindly toward it to no avail. But now it is ten o’clock and I’m nestled snugly in my little room at the Oxford University Catholic student center

This is what the five hundred-year-old part of the building--the Old Palace, Rose Place--looks like...


... and this is what my part of the building looks like.


As you can see, the space is small, but functional and cozy…

…even if I do have the saddest bookcase that ever existed.

I do at least have my own sink...

…and an incredible view.

I will post more pictures and information about my goings and comings as soon as I can suffice it to say, I have met several other second undergraduate students and I feel very reassured about my decision to come here.

No comments: